Sunday, September 21, 2008

Crockpot Breakfast

INGREDIENTS:

32 oz frozen hash browns
1 lb cooked ham cubed ( lean )
1 onion diced
1 green bell pepper diced
1 1/2 c (or 12oz) shredded cheddar cheese
12 eggs
1 c milk
1 t salt
1 t black pepper

DIRECTIONS:

Divide potatoes, ham, veggies and cheese so you can create several layers of each in the crock pot. Start with the hash browns, then ham, onions peppers and last cheese. Repeat until you have several layers. Beat eggs, milk salt & pepper pour over layers in the crockpot cover and turn on low. Cook for 10-12 hours overnight.

12 Servings

NOTES:

I used 26 oz of frozen shredded potatoes since that's what was on sale at the time. I also didn't put bell peppers, since I somehow didn't write that down on my shopping list. I added a small can of chopped olives. Also, I cooked for more like 8-9 hours.

RESULTS:

Yum! Will make this again. I made it for Vuong's family since we decided to get together for breakfast one day. There were 9 of us...and with this recipe there was still plenty leftovers. I think we ate only a little over half of what was in the crock pot? Then we ate a little more for dinner...and I'm eating some right now.

I think I'll put the bell peppers next time. It's okay without them, but I feel like there's something missing.

This recipe is definitely a keeper, but I wonder how I would scale this down for just Vuong and I? 'Cause it might burn if I half the recipe and put it in our big crockpot? Maybe? I guess I'll have to try it out next time! And next time, maybe I'll try to take pictures too.

No comments: